Goji is a famous plant that comes from China and the Tibet region. It is known as Goji Berry, which means berry of happiness, because of the plant’s fruit, although its root has also beneficial properties. Goji comes from two closely related species of the same family that have very few differences, Lucium barbarum and Lucium Chinense.
It is considered nowadays as one of the best medicinal plants across the world. It is especially rich in vitamin C and also B1, B2, B5, E, antioxidants, amino acids, trace elements and minerals (calcium and magnesium) and proteins.
- It is a powerful anti-aging agent and promotes longevity.
- Cleanses the blood and detoxifies the body
- Strengthens the immune system
- Contributes to weight loss
- Its nutrients enrich blood and promote its good circulation
- Helps stabilize vision and improves it.
- It is believed to have anticancer properties
- Strengthens heart function
- Enhances memory
- It has antibacterial and antifungal properties
- Reduces incidence of diseases such as high blood pressure, strokes, cardiovascular and Alzheimer's disease.
- Besides offering wellness it improves significantly sexual potency.
HOW TO USE - TREATMENTS
Goji’s fruit is always eaten dried either alone or combined with other foods such as rice, yoghurt, muesli, fruit, oats etc. The recommended dose is up to 30 grams daily.
For an antiaging treatment,add 20gr of fruit in 250ml of boiling water and a few drops of lemon juice, leave for 10 minutes and drink it together with the fruits. This is the so-called Goji tea.
To strengthen the immune system, for better vision and to lower blood sugar, add 50gr of fruits in ½ liter of vodka keep it sealed for 10 days and then consume 10ml twice a day.
Its leaves and stems are eaten as vegetables.
We can prepare a decoction from its leaves, stems or roots and drink up to 100ml per day.
It is recommended that goji is consumed in the early hours of the day, since it cause insomnia.
Consumption is not allowed during pregnancy and breastfeeding
Overdose may cause diarrhea, vomiting and insomnia.
Do not consume Goji ifyou have a fever.
People with diabetes and low blood pressure should consult their doctor.
No posts found